Friday, May 11, 2012

Society at 50,000 Feet

What a beautiful day God has given us this day!  I have about decided to just shut off all news inputs into my home and computer, destroy all the radios, declare jihad on media in general and just live the rest of my days in absolute ignorance of the world in which we live. Whew, now I feel better!  Not really for I was born with this strong desire to want to understand why things happen as they do in realizing that things just do not happen but rather are culminations of build ups of other things. So the challenge to understanding is to seek to understand the dots and then hopefully try to connect them for a clearer portrait of the Why of our world!

This week I had this withdrawal sense like I was mule kicked in the belly with the proclamation of our President that he supports same sex marriage. That actually, for me at least, was not nearly as painful as in reading the nearly 120 rants and raves to a FB post I put up declaring my thoughts on the Biblical wrongness of this whole matter. I knew when I put it up that ire would be coming quickly so to see the mass of comments after a three hour break to be at church was certainly not surprising.

What was surprising and at the same time disappointing and depressing was to read the rants that were long and vengeful from elevating to the 50,000 foot perch and read the blasts.  I would say the normal 80% for and the 20% against my sentiments pretty much held in place. But the disheartening thing for me was in realizing I was reading an autopsy report of a society that I had lived in, grown up in, careered in that has apparently eased into death.  For if the 20%ers comments reflect the status of the society we have moved into, I must but nod my head in absolute disbelief.  To see total strangers throwing scriptural passage grenades at each other in defending a blatant ungodly state, gay marriage, was astounding to me. 

Now that I have had a couple of days to reflect on it all, my concern for our nation going forward is at heightened concern.  I realize I will view my students differently in assuming the "fairness and equality" overrides the doctrines of God's Holy Word as a modern day mentality for I must realize they are not of my generation and stringency of beliefs and values. I will look at my grand kids differently in realizing the depravity of the world into which they will live and reproduce and career.  I think the even greater reality for me resides in the fact that this one thing, same sex marriage, is only yet another plank in the road of many planks that have steadied and supported the pathway of our Founding Fathers under the guidance of our Heavenly Father.  So I should not be surprised about anything anymore apparently! That is truly sad!

Our pastor in his wonderful sermon last Sunday quoted Billy Graham when he said that "if God does not punish America then God owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology."  Let that melt into your brain at the potency of that statement for I must now admit after this week that Graham was right.  Values create boundaries so if there are no values then there are no boundaries. No boundaries take you down a pathway of gang-run decision making all focused on instant gratification of one's self all shrouded in the garments of fairness and equality. 

Here is all I know ... God created Man and thus man. God then created Woman for two purposes, as a helpmate to the man and for purposes of reproduction. It takes both to reproduce so any other configuration, such as same sex marriage, destroys that function that is sanctioned by the Creator and launches depravity immeasurable.  That is what I read in the unfolding caustic FB comments on the Obama support announcement.  If all of this does not rattle you to the core, you really need to assess your rattler for it is broken.

So at the 50,000 foot perch, not looking too good!  But I never forget one unforgettable reality ... God created it, He knows what is going on, He will sort it out so why should I worry, right?  So can I get a witness .... yup, believe I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment