Thursday, May 8, 2014

Stuff

Good morning as the daybreak creeps up on us here in NE Ohio.  Had an earlier than usual wake up and, as I usually do, spent that quiet time thinking, praying for specific people and things, my nation and its leaders, the military. I like to think about Bible verses and their special meaning in this abundance of quiet.  I really enjoy YouTube for I get to watch and listen to the music I love which is Southern Gospel.  And then I begin to ponder the "stuff" of this world for there is much to ponder for the fields of "stuff" are ripened to harvest with never ending bounty of "stuff."
 
This week has been uniquely uneventful meaning my schedule has been relatively light so far too much time has been wiped away in watching worthless television, angering commercials that seem to never end for one will run into two then three and up to seven before a program returns.  I am finding my belly tightening us in watching this total waste of time. Have I ranted enough yet? Whew, now I feel so much better!!
 
I do have this insatiable hunger to want to seek understanding as to why things happen as they do in this place called our world.  The despicable nature of Man continues to amaze me for the depths of depravity Man can drill into seems endless.  This kidnapping of girls in Nigeria is repulsive but I realize if I wait just another day or two something as heinous or worse will find its way to the camera lights.  The sad part is that as humans we are growing more and more detached from these awful things that people do to other people.  Reading through the Bible each morning where I began at Genesis 1:1, you quickly realize that the despicable acts of Man are certainly nothing new nor will they ever be.  The debauchery, slander, killings, rape, etc, in the Bible are blatantly evident so why would anyone be surprised here in 2014 with anything Man devises to do to people?
 
The Russian expeditionary aggression is troubling for many reasons and having many friends in Poland, Slovenia and throughout Europe, no doubt there is much consternation and worry about realizing that what the world has forgotten in the lead up to Nazi aggression and the Holocaust is alive and well today.  How this plays out is not yet known but I have the sense it will not end well for there is no force on earth, today, with the wherewith all and political gut strength to stop it; so we watch and hope or worse, just ignore as many in Europe and the USA did in the late 1930s and we know, now, how that ended!
 
The missing Malaysian jetliner, the South Korea ferry, Clinton gear up for 2016, the Lewinsky story re-broke yesterday as this gear up begins in earnest, the deadlock in Congress (what a miserable joke that institution has become) and now the euphoria with this Southern Carolina former prosecutor turned Congressman, Trey Gouty, about to head yet another investigation into the Benghazi tragedy; it is endless as are those TV commercials. I know right now before the TV is even turned on that a new "BREAKING NEWS" CNN likes to call it will reach into our hearts with some shocking disaster or act somewhere in the world; so very sad but so very true.
 
Today, right now, I am going on strike with television.  I am going to TV fast so whatever the nut jobs of the world doing whatever they choose to do will just have to do it without my viewing and concerning myself with it. Whew, boy that felt good!
 
In a little while we will have our precious Ms Hope with us all day and that is worth more than any worrisome news, tragic weather or some famous person dying, planes crashing, ships sinking or a new poll; oh do not get me started on polls!  I want you to know that during this now near two hours I have been up in the quiet and solitude of my home, today has been prayed over, friends have been lifted, songs have been sung and tears have rolled from my eyes but you know, I am very happy! I am thankful for my health, my family, my getting to do what I get to do, having linkage with so many people from so many avenues of my life, knowing I have friends that will have another really tough day, realizing that is pain in each family and in each life ... this day I choose to be happy in the knowledge that there is a God that loves me, that wants the best for me and is greater than any of this craziness in our world.
 
I hear footsteps from the bedroom with my wife getting up so I know coffee will soon lift me to knew heights. Yes, with all the stuff, and there is plenty of it, this will be a great day in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment