Saturday, July 19, 2014

Stunned

I think Stunned is a great descriptor for how much of the world is feeling in light of the latest catastrophic event, the downing of the Malaysian jet liner; actually the second one. I just saw a wife of a victim of the still missing Malysian jet liner theorizing that perhaps it is Malysian Airlines that is being targeted so the conspiracies begin.  I am not making light of that for last night I watched a documentary on the explosion in 1986 of TWA 800 outbound from JFK in New York and you could see that to this very day families do not believe a word of the government investigation reports and  findings.  The photos this morning from the crash site are simply wrenching in trying to imagine and that is the point, a normal human cannot imagine what happened, how it could happen, could it happen again, etc, etc.
 
With all the chaos of questions and desire to blame whoever to comfort our angst, I believe at the 30,000 foot view we are, as a global people, a new, frightening sensation deep in our psyche which is that the world as we know it is imploding politically, diplomatically, economically and societally.  I watched an interview yesterday where the person being interviewed, I believe her name was Hillary Clinton, yes, that is it, spoke about a BRICS conference designed to develop the architecture for the "de-Americanization of the global economy.  Brazil, Russian, India, China and South Africa; BRICS, see the horizon and they do not see the Stars and Stripes atop Suribachi any longer; it that simple.  Debt,  national leadership inepitude, broken alliances, worry about America defaulting on our debts, etc, etc are all part and parcel of this growing cloud of suspicion and fear about the United States very existence as a republic.  How could you not be concerned about that if you are and American or regardless of your national flag?  We are not the America in which I grew up, careered, was educated; it is that simple.
 
Stunned is a horrific sensation for if you have ever been hit in the chest or fell on a playground on your back and had the breath knocked out of your lungs, you can recall vividly that sense of panic that consumed you for a few staggering moments. I think the world has had the breath knocked from our lungs as we are trying through a sense of quiet panic to bring meaning to all of the angst blazing around us.  Every where you turn, Chicago murders, increasing fuel prices, scandals, Middle Eastern debacle on a grand scale, BRICS taking more and broader control initiatives, America being ignored thus becoming more targetable; all of this and many more are a collage of a transforming world; not just America.
 
As Ms Clinton rightly stated yesterday, "America cannot solve all the problems of the world but there are no world problems that can be solved without the United States .."  So in essence what she is stating is that our sheer presence and projectionable power is no long what distinguishes America but our size, reach and influence is still sought almost as a last resort I think it fair to posit.  America is moving headlong into a more French or German model for I have worked and lived extensively in those regions and I see clearly how this Administration seems committed to moving America societally in that direction. I find that sad!
 
Is there hope? Am I wrong? How wrong or how right am I? Yes there is hope but it begins, I believe in my heart, for a better America beginning at the values level. Our value systems in this nation are abyssmal and worsening daily it seems. I see it all the time laced in the many jail inmates I work with weekly.   Am I wrong? Me thinks not but then, I am very biased on that aren't I?
 
Change and transformation begins at the top; always!  Leaders lead and lead by example. We are lacking positive, illustrative, driven leadership that inspires and causes people to want to be better and stronger than they themselves feel they can be.  As I have said too many times, this Administration and this Congress certainly do not fit the needs of this nation where we are now as I describe above. But I do not point fingers at them for it is we that put them there so it is we that must replace what is there in the republic system the Greeks and the Romans had trouble making work but we, America, are still trying!
 
My fundamental posit!  Yes, it is bad and will worsen.  Is it fixable? Only if we as a People turn back to our values and foundational principles upon which this nation was founded; a God and his Scriptures that define clearly how we are to act with God and how we are to act with each other.  In this time of supposedly having to tolerate all religions, all societal values in the name of equality is simply not correct. If you do not stand for something, you will fall for anything is one of my principles of live. So, really, what do you stand for? I stand for rights according to Scripture. I stand for the Bible. I stand for Jesus that gave His life for my salvation and assurance of a home in Heaven with Him when this crazy life is over. THAT IS WHAT I STAND FOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment