Sunday, December 21, 2014

Those That Protect!

As I awoke and opened up the news, I learned of the senseless assassination of the two NYPD policemen in Brooklyn by what appears to be an enraged Islamic man set out to kill police. He planned, he plotted, he drove, he executed two men that devoted their lives to protecting the people of our nation.  We are witnessing more and more of this behavior and it is my belief we will see more and more of this depravity exacted on those we look to protect us as the fires of racism continue to be fanned in this nation by professional athletes, loud mouth spokespersons with an agenda, the American Communist Party, the NAACP and many others. As ISIL continues its well funded social media inflammation process, Islamic fundamentalists, nut jobs is another great descriptor, will pour of of the woodwork in their own little jihadi dens to destroy that which we depend upon to protect, to defend and to serve US!
 
While I did not see nor will I, I understand the Obamas have "spoken out on race" which only heats up the incendiary nature of this disaster. Even black pundits on FOX and CNN were in stark argumentative posture with each other that the POTUS is first the President and then a black and that he should speak for all people and not just blacks. Wow, now that is a novel concept isn't it?  I believe a great deal of culpability for the inflamed racial divide in this nation stems from the White House in allowing some of the firebrands like Sharpton and Jackson and others access to the White House with TV cameras blaring thus legitimizing the voices that seeks to create more havoc.  What happened in Ferguson was unfortunate but sending the armies of DC elite there to calm and placate did exactly the opposite; added to the distrust and disdain for police authority. We are paying a heavy price and these two families in New York are the victims of this morass.
 
I live in a relatively high crime city and I find myself now each time I see a police or sheriff vehicle, I want to pull up and thank them or buy them lunch or something to let them know that for me and my house, we appreciate their sacrifice and duty to all of us.  Seeing weekly in my Jail ministry, dozens of dedicated young deputies act respectfully with inmates some of which are profane, mean spirited and disrespectful toward the deputies, I have as yet to see a like response toward the inmate though most deserving.  Police are tough and I want them tough. I want them perfectly trained. I want them over armed. I want them over equipped. I want them to be given the best for WE OWE IT TO THEM to protect us! There, I said it.
 
This garbled logic about the overarmed police in Ferguson as the trigger for the protests defies logic to me.  To see professional athletes including our own Mr. James sporting protest-intended shirts on the playing court or field where people can hardly afford now to attend a game is just wrong.  All of this. ALL OF THIS. is flaming the embers of anarchy in this nation I fear. Distrust abounds and in that environment, danger excels.  I am absolutely amazed that any young man or woman would choose to go into law enforcement, frankly.  I have spoken with several law officers asking the question if they would have take this career path knowing what they know now and the 100% response is "certainly not." How sad and how dangerous!
 
My heart aches for the NYPD families and their brothers and sisters in blue that must face yet another day of not knowing not only the if but the when some fanatic will see his or her opportunity for jihad or protest.  At the aggregate of this whole thing, for me, is realizing that America is dizzyingly breaking apart into tribes along racial lines it would appear to me.  I am further convinced that the 24/7 media frenzy is fomenting this divide made more provocational by the CNNs and all the talking heads that fan the flames of racial dissent and divide.  I must admit that I actually found it almost humorous in the Ferguson beginning that seemingly every black on camera had his or her lawyer standing right beside them. So the legal profession would seem to be the real benefactor of all this.  Attacking the Ferguson prosecutor for apparently does his job was simply sickening to me and even by other lawyers I know attacking the long standing process of American jurisprudence.
 
We have evolved to a time, it seems, where nothing is sacred, nothing is circumspect and nothing nor anyone is held in respect or regard.  That is a cesspool of danger for a society.  So to those that choose each day and night to protect my family, I say thank you and praise God for your efforts to do your duty. I believe more people need to be seeking to do their duty to this nation instead of tearing the very heart out of this once great nation.

1 comment: