Friday, July 17, 2015

Gravity of our Day

Good morning. My fingers feel heavy this morning as my heart feels a sense of gravitational pull with the events happening seemingly daily in our world.  Many people simply choose to not be curious or hungry to understand the connectivity to the events of our global village but many of us, I am one, has this insatiable thirst to understand. Those that know me understand that well about me.
 
There are several major heavying channels I could plod but this morning I want to take a few keystrokes about our Nation.  Our nation is fractured, disjointed and worrying on a scale I do not recall in my lifetime. Some will rationalize that that fact resides with the 24/7 news cycles, social media, etc, etc but I hold to the belief that our aggregate world and the events do appear to be more gruesome, more frightening and more disheartening than any time I can recall.
 
When our nation's leader celebrates openly and joyously about Biblical wrongs; I just have to step back and seek to understand.  The hoopla with Mr/Ms Jenner is an abomination short and simple but in our nation today, it is celebrated to the highest levels of our nation.  Murders on an historic scale are viewed as common and, "oh well" as we are becoming numbed by the atrocities.
 
Then you look at the after the act reality such as, for example, the Holmes kid that was found guilty of murdering those kids in a movie theater. First, it was three years ago and the trial, the first trial of others to come, to get this atrocity to a jury.  This will lead to more years the taxpayers will fund, more time chewed up in an overcrowded judicial system and he will probably ultimately write a book or a movie be made of his poor life when in reality this should already have been litigated and execution exacted. Think of the poor families this evil person has destroyed for two generations; they are the real victims. But my point is, this is now the norm in our nation. A very sad norm!
 
Negotiating with Iran, of all nations, in "hopes" Iran has been buckled down for perhaps ten years from getting a nuclear bomb.  Iran is untrustable. Iran wants to spearhead the destruction of Israel. Iran is the world's largest sponsor of terror on the globe.  I am reminded of W's comment after meeting with Putin early in W's presidency after they had met and he felt he has "seen the heart of this man, Putin" and believed he a good person. Well, we see W needed a new set of glasses as the world has become more corrupted and Russia is in open war to regain her empire.  
 
I have to just shake my head about listening to the POTUS try to explain the "deal" and pundits add color but at the aggregate, the deal, sounds to me, is a bundle of needles held together by fog and mist and hope. Iran is and will take grave advantage of this negotiation for as a commentator rightly stated yesterday, you always negotiate from a position of power and power is the reflection of who needs and wants the deal most. America has sent clear signals that we need and want this negotiation more than Iran which puts Iran in the leadership of the negotiation. So all the splash of joy from the "deal" will be short lived plus Iran will now be flush with hundreds of billions of dollars to do what they wish with no metric to measure or monitor. No wonder the Gulf States are scared to death; we should be as well!
 
Leadership begins with strength, vision, clarity of mission wrapped in a tight bundle which inspires people to want to join in for the journey. I see none of that in our nation and I find that very sad. Our social fabric that was woven by the Framers has been made a mockery and celebration of the debacle of societal evaporation.  I think, for me, this poses the greatest concern for me due in large part of seeing my grandchildren often and being integrally involved in their young lives while seeing this demise of what has been the backstop of our society being dashed in celebration.  I state once more than I believe the core of this cancer is this state of toleration and no absolutes and pose the greatest  deteriorating of our once great nation. It is greater than politics, economics and diplomacy. We are talking about the very fabric of our nation going forward.
 
It seems appropriate for me to close with a restatement of my fives principles of life that have been etched into my hard drive:
 
  1. If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten
  2. If you do not stand for something you will fall for anything
  3. If you do not know where you are going, you will most assuredly arrive their
  4. Whatever it is in this life you are looking for, you will find it
  5. Stay in the Fight!
There is not enough of Number 5 as the forces of evil and wrong are winning the battles that is eating away at our future. What is sacred anymore? Think about that. What, for you, do you truly hold sacred and what are you willing to do to maintain the value of the nature of that which is held as scared. Christians, seems to me, are the last vestige in our nation that are not to be tolerated but the expectation is that Christians must be tolerant of all the other garbage bags of societal wrong that abounds in our nation. Churches and pastors will face growing litigation pressure to perform marriages that are Biblically wrong. We are seeing it daily so it will arrive at your altar very soon if not already. Pray for our churches and its leaders to be able to withstand the tidal wave that is existential.
 
Yes, this morning, I feel the Gravity pulling our nation, my nation deeper into a cesspool. God has to be so disappointed with His People!

No comments:

Post a Comment