Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Let's talk about Wisdom!

I begin this morning from my devotional this morning out of Proverbs 24:13-14 which speaks to this thing called Wisdom as something sweet to the taste:

13 Eat honey, my son, for it is good;
honey from the comb is sweet to your taste.
14 Know also that wisdom is like honey for you:
If you find it, there is a future hope for you,
and your hope will not be cut off.

Those that have spent much time around me have heard me speak about Data will lead you to Information. Information will open the door to Knowledge. Knowledge, if properly applied, will transport you to Wisdom.  I have further learned that Wisdom comes not from Knowledge injection but from applying Knowledge wrongly and the ensuing devastation of the wrong creates a richness of learning to not do that again. 

I believe that is where gray hair originates is in misapplying Knowledge and learning from that mistake thus Wisdom is ushered into the realm.  Yes, I have much gray hair and further yes, I believe it comes from a vast array of poor choices and misapplications of Knowledge. I bet I am not alone! So as verse 14 aptly states, if you find Wisdom, there is future hope for US and your hope that transcends fear will not be cut off; how powerful is that!

There are times when the events of the day, the sound bites from the media, the cacophony of worry become too overwhelming that you grow numb or you want to run naked through the snow. I have some friends in Alabama I grew up with that always long for the snow on that one day each decade just so they can perform that ritual .... oh will I get waxed with that jab! 

Just this week, and it is only Wednesday, I was hit by that meteor I wrote about earlier, the Catholic Church and the Pope are now publicly calling for a New World Order with a new economic system, a single currency and a single global bank, the Arab Spring is now into the Arab Fall for the remaining dictators in the oil rich sheikdoms, the announced troop withdrawal out of Iraq is being viewed as a political poll enhancer and thus strategically unsound, to which I concur., etc, etc.

In my class this morning we will examine and seek to ferret out management lessons from the classic book, ANIMAL FARM about the parallel with Farmer Jones' farm and the overthrow of the farm by the animals only to find there really is no difference after all.  It will be a stroll from the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917 into the 2011 Revolution we are witnessing in hopes of seeing points on the compass to better manage in the years ahead for these young leaders.

Our world is, well, in revolution but then our world has always been in revolution so that is not new. The stakes seem greater to us living today. I have now and have had many combat veterans in my classes and I always seek to be especially sensitive to them and their needs due to the scarring of battle and blood they have seen, experienced and will never be the same as a result.  I seek to learn from them for at the core of Wisdom is the infusion of learning via education.

There is one thing and one thing only that transcends the trumpets of dooms, the bugles of battle, the chimes of death and destruction all around us and the drumbeat of defeatism that abounds and that is the knowledge that yes, there is a Sovereign God that is truly in control of it all and it is His Plan that is being unfurled whether we like it or understand it.  My greatest hope and my greatest challenge I find at this stage of my life is in providing the insight into the minds and the hearts of those God brings around me either in teaching, singing, talking or just living day to day.  We are in a failed world led by fallen Man; nothing new about that is there?

I close by saying to my readers, please be spiritually right with that same God that gave us His Son to die a horrible death on a cross to redeem us of our sins against each other and Him.  With the events of this week and seeing the architecture of His return becoming more clear in world events, I am reignited to want to help anyone and everyone that wants assistance on that pathway to a future in heaven get there.

Make this a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jim

    Hope all is well with you I haven't talked to you in a while, but I keep up with your facebook updates. I am happy to know you have a blog though - one of my favorite teachers of all time - and now I get to read your input everyday. You always have great insight and a way of relevantly comparing it to simple examples in life. I will be posted everyday, always a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete