Saturday, December 3, 2011

Funny thing about right .. it is always right!

When I think of the word "right" I always think of the word "light."  When I was a little boy about six years old, my father would load my sister and mother and me in the car, drive sixty miles to a "wet" county and leave us in the car outside a "honky tonk" for hours while he would drink beer and then make the long trip home.  He would throw us a barbecue sandwich and I still detest the smell of barbecue for that Pavlov Dog time in my life.  I remember laying in the backseat looking up at the stars as the car sped back home never feeling really safe with the drive. While there was much I did not understand about any of it, and hate to this day, I remember wondering why places like that were always dark from the outside with no windows to let in the light .... think about that for a minute. How many "beer joints" have you ever seen with bright, shiny windows for the world to view into it? Not many, right?

Yesterday a young person God has brought into my path over the last year learned some rather painful, frustrating realities about this thing called light I believe.  For the learning, simply, is that right is always right and wrong is always wrong.  One can rationalize wrong to right but the wrong is still wrong.   That may sound confusing but it is so blatantly simple that it is frightening at the implication.  This is all a tremendous spiritual matter for I have learned that when one's life is spiritually right and aligned with God's Will, great things happen. Conversely, when they are not, no good things will happen over time.  In some rather stern dialog yesterday I indicated one cannot dance with Satan and Jesus at the same time for in that dance, everybody loses.!

In this life as failed humans, and we are due to Adam's fall, we have a natural sin nature so keeping it in check and righted is a choice but with that choice means to constantly seek God's Will for each individual life and journey.  I know I am preaching to a large choir but the reality of working with a spiritually immature person causes you to step back and try to grasp just how deeply the other person is or can fathom the depth of poor choices spiritually.  The Bible speaks strongly of Christians moving beyond the milk of spirituality which is good for babies in the faith to more meat of doctrine as a mature believer.  If you feed a baby meat, it chokes and that is what I witnessed firsthand yesterday but from the journey of yesterday, right decisions were made and initiated ... a Praise!

Living the Christian life is, well, not easy at times. The benefits are great but the wages can be hard earned and fraught with anger, pain and frustration.  I am so very proud of this young man with the decisions he chose to make by days end and that he realizes that I as the older mentor only wanted the best for him spiritually. I went to bed feeling lifted and so happy for his step toward the "meat" of spiritualness.  The journey is far from complete for both of us, and you, but the journey is moving in a right direction so there is light that abounds.  Seek the Right and you will see the Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment