Sunday, March 11, 2012

March and 65 Degrees .... WOW

Sitting here on Sunday evening after a great and very pretty weekend just makes you take a deep breath of thanks for health, life, family, friends and feeling like you just might be making a difference in some lives.  Tonight I know friends that are hurting from the passing of a loved one, friends that are worried about the next house payment, family concerned for a child's health, worries of nuclear holocaust in the Iran / Israel ping pong match and the world just keeps spinning on its axis!

Today has been an especially great day at church where Jesus is preached and taught and sung from the rafters in love and preparation.  Tonight we got to hear our pastor lead the congregation in that great old song we do not hear enough I realized all over again:

Jesus is the sweetest name I know
And He's just the same as His lovely Name
And that's the reason why I love Him so
For Jesus is the sweetest Name I know!

Assessing just this moment of a great weekend that health is good, my wife is reading, my grandchildren have parents that love them more than life itself, we attend a church that we love, heard some great Southern Gospel music at church tonight, learning a great new song, PLACE CALLED HOME by the Gaither Vocal Band, and really enjoyed a day and one-half in Amish country and excited to get back into the rhythm of teaching tomorrow; I am blessed!  Wow, think about that to be able to honestly say, I AM BLESSED!

So with all the craziness of the world, campaigning, concerns about the tomorrows, it just feels so warm and cushy to look at my home, my wife, my family, my life and exhale a slow breath to the tune of a whisper of joy about this walk on Earth, wow, guess I am waxing eloquent on feeling the warmth of the Father's Love on and in my life. 

Guess I felt the need to share that with you tonight!  We cannot know what the week will bring.  I know I will be singing at a funeral of a dear lady later in the week and pray now that whatever is selected to be sung will blessed and ease the burden of loss to whoever is present for the funeral.  That has become a phenomenal ministry for me for even in feeling the loss fseparation of these dear people, it is made bearable in knowing where they now reside and that I get to be part of the home going celebration for that is what death is for the Christian; a celebration of a life lived and the beginning of a life eternal!

So on this Sunday evening, my prayer for each of you is that you will find solace in whatever is put before you in the days before you, If it is good; rejoice. If it is hard; seek the comfort of a God that loves you.  I honestly do not know how people that do not know the Lord as their Savior make it through a day on this earth.

Nothing heavy tonight but if you have someone near you that you love; get up, walk over to them and gently kiss them on the lips and whisper how much you love them! It could be your last chance to accomplish that task of love! I wish I could kiss my mother just like that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment