Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sometime you just have to feel really good about things!

This rainy morning I have chosen to read no global news and while I struggle with withdrawal from that routine of filling my brain with what is happening in trying to understand why, I have instead found myself quietly smiling about some really great things I have witnessed this week; and yes, it feels very good!  Let me explain ...

First of all, the outpouring of love and caring and I am seeing from so many around the terrible reality my student, Justin Wigington, is working through is truly heartwarming.  Students rallying to contribute money, money I am sure most have very little of, getting businesses where they work to donate nice items for raffle or auction for the fundraiser, people that do not even know Justin but know me in some way are making themselves part of the journey, hearing the uplifting messages and words from an optimistic mother cheering for her son ... just got to feel great about being human and humane in what seems like a world gone mad!

Another smile is in watching a young lady in one of my classes new to leading a team deal with an emotional, anger-ridden situation within her team rise to the challenge and manager the dynamic masterfully.  I could not be more proud of her and in speaking with her last night I realized all over again taking the time, investing the energy and coaching through issues for and with my students is worth every ounce for they are learning lessons today, yes, but more importantly learning and preparing for the real challenges of life that reside across their horizon. That is why I love to teach and teach the way I do. I realize I actually enjoy working through the issues that arise probably more than the actual teaching itself!

We celebrated a sixth birthday with Ms. Gracie Williams, our beautiful little blond grand daughter with such an amazing mind of creativity and art.  I was so warmed to just sit and watch her glow with her new bike and seeing two families joined by marriage and connected DNA to this child enjoying a few minutes of laughter, food and, well, just being loved and getting to love ... cannot beat it!

So against the context of the craziness of the world, I sit here in reflection of a really great week looking forward to a day of worship with friends and family tomorrow knowing now I will be recharged for another week of challenges.  See, to sum it up, I know I am blessed in so many ways such as health, family, my work, my music, my enjoyment of learning and loving watching the learning process take place in my students.  Thank you God for life but thank you God for your Son that you gave up so that I can have eternal life when this one is over! THAT is the real blessing.

Today, take a few minutes and really count your many blessings, count them one by one and you will will quickly see what the Lord has done!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear that you had a great week! i pray God gives you more great weeks!

    ReplyDelete