Monday, March 4, 2013

A New Adventure

This will be my first blog now at the advanced age of sixty-five. It really feels strange for I feel great, excited about the tomorrows and loving the life God is giving me.  I say that for an array of reasons but one of which is today begins a new chapter in my life but then there have been many chapters, new beginnings and transitions in my life.
 
Today, after several weeks of planning, thinking, building a mental architecture, I will depart for Houston, TX and will be there for a three day initial workshop for a company seeking my assistance in guiding a restructuring in one of their functional areas.  I have realized that as the time has drawn near I have grown more excited about getting to do what I have done so often in my Goodyear career.  But as I was discussing with my wife this morning, it will be much different due to the ten year interlude of retirement from Goodyear and that ten years has been filled with university teaching of thousands of students. I say that as a supreme positive for this whole journey I am about to begin which will last several months no doubt to pull it all together will be very different for me in many regards.
 
In our daily devotion this morning, my prayer was that in this work about to begin with many people none of which I know but for one, that God will use this vessel and this time for His Glory through the auspices of the work and relationship.  This whole process with the project is about cultural change and adjustments seeking a higher degree of interrelationships and focus on the day to day work.  This is about people and all the unique, ubiquitous nature of bringing people together around a new challenge and direction. That is work I do enjoy in the depths of my being for I have seen great experiences in many places around this world when the work is done properly.  Is this a challenge? Oh, very much so! But I am so excited to get to invest into this journey.
 
All day yesterday my mind kept rumbling through the archives of my life and the thousands of experiences and multiple thousands of relationships I have made.  I found myself awed to be given a challenge like this in Texas as my threshold of sixty-five slipped up on me.  When I realize so many people my age and much young are dying daily such as my brother-in-law last week; I am amazed. When I realize many people my age physically or emotionally cannot do work like this; I am amazed.  When I realize I get deeply excited by the challenged of this work; I am surely amazed!
 
I wanted to share this with you first for information but more importantly to covet your prayers for safe journey, good health, openness of minds to change, calmness in my work in establishing myself with people I do not yet know and that the work to be developed will be fruitful and beneficial and God-honoring.  When I get back I will update you on how the week progressed but please know how happy I am to be given this opportunity and challenge, for the many years of experience to prepare me for this and for the joy of getting to do what I love to do.  Yes, I am amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment