Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Deafening Clash of Thunder

We have experienced some thunder in our area of late and it always fascinates me  in trying to assess the distance from the time of the flash of lightning.  I learned that as a Boy Scout many years ago and then reinforced it in the military years later as part of learning to call artillery fire missions and the like.  These last few weeks I have been thrown back to my Boy Scout and young lieutenant phases of my life in ad nauseum watching the never ending lightning and thunder emanating from Ferguson.
 
As with many of you in which we agree, this is a a tragedy with many uncles.  But as I have watched this unfold and my favorite news source becoming far too much part of creating news and too involved in the day-to-day via all the African American commentators such as Don Lemmon thrown into the mix, making the situation incendiary seemed, to me at least, the real motivator for the type coverages we are being exposed to and frankly, it angered me.  What angered me was what I felt was very biased reporting and CNN allowed itself to become the beacon for all the venom of the 1960s rebirth of the "Movement" with very little factual coverage of the police officer but focusing night after night of looters and protesters mostly, they tell me from outsider. I heard yesterday that 120 were arrested and FOUR were Ferguson citizens. THAT speaks volumes to me.
 
From what I saw I felt the Police, Sheriff, and the State via the National Guard had no choice but to fill the streets in full riot gear and up armed materiel; I would have done the exact same thing.  Whoever created a war zone which required war zone tactics and weaponry. But still the drumbeat philosophers such as Jackson and Sharpton and the other relics of the past brought many cans of gasoline to the party and kept tossing them at the situation up to and including the Brown funeral yesterday.  Whey the Attorney General of the United States felt the need to go to Ferguson for a blatant photo optic visit still both astounds and irks me at the same time and the to see the miracle of calm the accompanied his visit was such a farce for it proved the outside agitators has won a great victory and the local law enforcement were made to look like third world pagans; such a shame and so unnecessary.
 
I expressed to my wife last evening in watching the funeral coverage with the inflammatory speeches still blaming the policemen for "executing" Brown was simply wrong on many fronts.  Now the prosecutor is being told to recuse himself simply because he is white. The Grand Jury is racist because there are not enough black son it. The Ferguson police force is not reflective of the population demographic.  Did anybody actually hear the Chief of Police at the upload of the debacle tell the cameras they had been unsuccessful for years with too few police candidates that were then unable to pass the police exam?  So then we should lower the standard of the exam instead of facing the blaring reality that the blacks that applied could not pass the test. The same ludicrous screams about the city council being so over tipped with whites versus blacks make the City Council racist. I would like to see the electoral list of candidates in the last ten elections for City Council to see how many blacks ran for that office and I a believe therein lies the core cause.
 
What events like Ferguson point blatantly is that there is a core of blacks, agitators and organizations that undeniably are seeking a race war in this nation; a nation already divided on too many fronts. I come from a simple belief ... if a person wants a job, they can find a job! There are vast majorities that I fear have become generational that it is not any one's fault for not having work but that the government is now responsible for more births, care from birth to death, free cell phones and laptops; all safety nets that preclude generating the energy to get out and find a job.  As I sat in two jail services last evening with close to fifty men with over forty being black, I marveled at how now it is even more impossible for these men to find gainful employment due to their criminal records but then to have people cast dispersions at business leaders and society at large that it is not the fault of these men but it is society's fault is simply wrong!!!!
 
If you want out of a hole, you have to stop digging the hole deeper and that is a choice for each of these men and women to make and yes, it is that simple.  I have listened to all the blowhards like Charles Blow, Sonny Hoskins, Don Lemmon, Anderson Cooper, etc, etc, dig the holes deeper instead of challenging these people, troublemakers, to step up and find and even seek employment and a better life. But not, it is not their fault for it is never their fault is it?  Mind you my comments are focused at red and yellow, black and white are culprits in this societal "ain't it awful" game that threatens to create civil war in this nation making us another Iraq. I believe we are closer to that now that I can ever remember just because of the biased media coverage.
 
Brown is dead and that is a tragedy.  The police officer is destroyed as well in the courts of hate fueled by rhetoric built only to incite; not to find the facts.  We saw Brown's behavior clearly in the store robbery and then heard the description of that same behavior a few minutes later with the police officer. Whey the number of shots? I have not clue for I was not there.  These are facts that will come out in a court of law. LET THE LEGAL SYSTEM WORK and stop this foolishness. The world is so disillusioned with America beginning at the White House, Congress, Supreme Court, lobbyists, money makes the choices, etc, etc.  No wonder we have lost our compass as the true north for the world. Is it any wonder? And just so very, very sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment