Friday, August 8, 2014

When You Pray ...

Good morning from still dark Ohio and have awakened in a reflective mood. The chorus of an old song is shown below and the YouTube link I want you to watch is at:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R5BkttVV6c.  I heard this song several years ago and it touched my heart in a very special way and in seeing this video again a couple of days ago, my heart was again touched with the simplicity yet truthfulness of the song's message. 
 
This week I have been taken aback by friends that have been taken from us far too soon, teenagers suddenly dying, atrocities mounting in Iraq, the Middle East again seemingly seeking to kill each other and heightened worries now that jihadis are entering, reentering America to trigger jihad here in our nation, Ebola has become a newly uttered dread by millions; and the list goes on.  I have been educated once more on the terrible state of our nation dating back forty years with the anniversary of the Nixon debacle of Watergate.
 
In the midst of the ocean of torrent, loss and worry, I am reminded of some simple truths; if you want to know what God wants us to do and not to do, read His Word which I do every day. If you want clarity and direction in your life, talk to God daily via prayer; which I do daily.  If you want to lift others around you, share what you are learning through sharing with others about your reading and conversations with God.  With that thought planted as context to my blog this morning, in singing this song last night the power of prayer came rushing back to me.  I love it when somebody will come up to me telling me they have prayed for my family, my ministry, my health, me! Why, for I know how much I need God's love and care in my life.  That is why this simple song is so touching and especially in the last few hours as so much is unfolding around me and the rest of the global family. 
 
The deep concern I feel about the rapid erosion of our values in the society now with the full weight of the three branches of our Government seeking to force Biblical doctrine and truths out of our daily reality causes me great concern for generations to come. This will not go unanswered for in reading my Bible from Genesis 1:1 and now into Chronicles, you see clearly God will cause people to heed His word. Our nation is well overdue for a correction on the scale of Noah I believe and I do not consider myself a wild man running in the woods shouting at the moon in stating that.
 
Never in my life can I recall so many things happening in our world such as skyrocketing divorce rates, abortion, homosexuality, same sex marriages, murders, addictions, etc each of which chew away at the very fabric of our national founding and values.   Watching the celebrations of another state legalizing same sex marriage just makes me want to throw up for the Bible is blatantly clear on how wrong that is and the same exasperation comes over me with each "victory" when a state or national law seeks to make a wrong a right which can never been accomplished in God's Eyes. 
 
So on this now lightening morning to a new day, we know bad will happen somewhere, friends will be taken from us and the Wrongs of the world will seemingly over-weigh the Rights of this world.  Knowing that will be the case, and it will, think this day about the chorus of that great song. Reading the words even this moment lifts me.  Pray is the key to heaven but Faith unlocks the door is another great song of truth.  So this day, please:   

When you pray, will you pray for me
For I need His love and His care
When you pray, will you pray for me
Will you whisper my name in your prayer?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment