Friday, July 27, 2012

Life ... it is pretty good when you think about it!

Just in from a chore I get to do in a new role in my life and in that chore get to interface with some really interesting, very smart, very experienced men and women.  This morning there was a client came into the office for a meeting with two other counselors and in the welcoming comments, I heard comments about life being tough, hard, harsh, challenging ... My rebuttal was that for me life is a choice and it is a choice to be happy, to feel good and I can say that not as a Pollyanna cheerleader but as a man that sincerely believes that. Let me explain!

Just last night at midnight at the Akron Canton Airport waiting for our daughter and her family to arrive from a week at Disney, I had the honor of meeting a great man I worked with at Goodyear and we were able to share some great memories.  I met another great Christian friend from my church waiting for his wife to arrive from a traumatic time with the near loss of her brother. As we spoke of the issues I asked the questions of her about her brother's heart with the Lord and it seemed to be timely and a needed few moments. We left with a smile and a hug. Then to be the first to see my daughter and family tired but smiling with such a sweetness of welcoming washed all the exhaustion away.  Life is good!  Yesterday was a great day and it was great for it began with time with the Lord and ended with a prayer of thanksgiving for the blessings of the day; THAT is a great day!

Now I realize that that can change very quickly with accidents, health issues, family problems, ill temperedness but I seek each day to find ways to bring a ray of sunshine into people God puts in my path for in that, I am warmed by that same ray of Light.  It is so easy to be depressed, down, angry, negative but those are attitudes of choice I have learned.  Today I will have time with my other grandchildren from our son and cannot wait.  Those smiles at the airport last night from all those that crossed my path were priceless.  I do love my life. I do love the people God populates in my life.  But as I told this man this morning, when you get up and feel good and your mind is working well and then if life ended this day and to know that next life will be even better; how can it get better?  He capitulated and agreed and thanked me for making his day bright! PRICELESS.

As we head into a busy weekend of singing, doing, living, I asked God to keep His Hand of blessing of my family that provides and protects and shields.  I guess I am just feeling really, really grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment