Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Summer of 2012

We are midway through the Summer of 2012 and up early looking at the day begin to unfold, my mind is processing this summer so far.  What words come to mind as descriptors?  Well some of them would be:
  • the love and joy of grand kids
  • anxiously readying for a very busy Fall semester; can't wait!
  • my wife involved in teaching children at our Church for first time  -- she is so gifted!
  • that same wife moving to a new chapter of her life called retirement
  • being amazed by my wife's drive and organizational skills; simply amazed
  • thrilled to go back into jail ministry for I have missed it so much I realize
  • realizing each day the value and blessing of good health when so many are hurting badly
  • realizing my life, even at sixty-four, stays jammed with an array of things and I love each one
  • overjoyed how God has touched and blessed our two children and their families
  • Ms Hope ... this child from Ethiopia has touched my heart is ways I could never have imagined
  • Tuesdays with all five grand kids here and feel withdrawal by Wed when they are not here
  • Singing a Christmas Cantata in August working with a 65 voice choir; JOY!
  • Singing in two Southern Gospel quartets and loving every moment of the work
  • Blessed to sing in a men's trio, The Brothers of Grace, and truly loving the men in all three groups
  • actually looking forward to checkup this morning with cardiologist
  • have dumped nineteen pounds in last three weeks and that feels really good; Thank you, Bride
  • seeing God's touch in our lives in such phenomenal ways daily; PRICELESS!
  • choosing to watch less news thus get less frustrated and angry for this is God's world; He will sort this mess out or take His children home; either way, I am ready. SUPER PRICELESS!
  • our children, grandchildren and Alicia and I are saved; we are ready if He comes or takes us home before; SUPER DOOPER PRICELESS!!
  • have experienced the loss of some very precious, dear people in my life this summer
  • loving my church choir family for we are truly a family that love each other
  • grasping the sweeter of forgiveness in this life as only God can provide
  • aching for the jail inmates' lives I now meet almost weeks and just not understanding why such poor choices are so part of the culture of these men's lives.
Did not mean to wax so heavily with the list but the reminders of the good of life, my life, keep flowing through my fingers.  I hope you have a truly blessed day and will choose to be part of a blessing to another this day. It will make your day and your blessing sweeter I promise.

Just realized the old song; Count your many blessings, Name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done!  Guess this is my mid summer listing!  Make your list today, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment