Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Some days are just better than others ...

Yesterday in the journal of my life was, well, a good day. It was a busy day but a day seemingly filled with some really great experiences finished by with a great choir practice in preparing for a Christmas cantata to be presented August 10. The title of the cantata is, simply, "And on Earth, Peace."  As our choir director opened up practice last night she spoke about this thing called Peace and later into the practice she returned to that theme which I realized grabbed me right where I needed grabbed. She spoke of realizing even as a little girl how she longed for Peace in her life; I must say I have always been the same even though most that know me would probably be somewhat surprised by the revelation this early Wednesday morning. But hey, there you have it, I like PEACE!  Growing up in a home that was not abounding in peace and calm I supposed grafted into me a desire for that and that is so very true today. 

It is interesting that as I get older, when God has something he wants me to contemplate, He will nudge from a sleep early to arise, pray and ponder His message for this day. Yesterday was one of those days and seems like today is also since I got up at 0430 and have been nonstop since I awoke.  I described yesterday to a great friend that called me when choir practice was over referring to how my day had been as, well, it was a "God day." I do not think I have even bunched together those words quite like that before but I did realize very quickly driving in the heat about dark that, yes, yesterday was a wonderful God day for an array of reasons.

Yesterday I had the honor of having time with a great former student that has chosen to bring God via counseling and discipleship into his troubled life and I am seeing, yes, PEACE, begin to take root. What a blessing!  Yesterday I met with one of our wonderful pastors at my church to discuss yet another former student in the throws of despair with the rocks and shoals of life. God moved in that conversation and my prayer was the student would, in fact, be conducive to beginning a spiritual process which, as it turned out, is excited to begin such a process.  I pray for PEACE in this young woman's life that begins with spiritual alignment with God's Will and God's Plan will be revealed.

When I got home all five of our grand kids were at a picnic in nearly 100 degree weather but watching them, even in the heat, come for a quick lunch was Peaceful and calming.  Three other phones calls yesterday each ended in a sense of Peace.  Are you sensing our choir director's comments on Peace in her life and in the music we are learning had direct gravitational pull on my heart and in my life yesterday? Ah, yup!

When I realize that many or perhaps most of those we surround ourselves with struggle to attain a true sense of peace when all the time I have this warm sense of peace in my life, I almost feel guilty when that realization is made known to me.  Peace is not a commodity; peace is a gift; AMEN?  Peace is a present all wrapped up by a God that truly loves us and wants the best for His own. Yes, we are HIS OWN and there is no other owner on this earth I would succumb to saying that to or about. 

When I see the storms of doubt, worry, fear, angst, pain abounding in a person's life, I hurt deeply in my gut and heart for that and almost feel a sense of guilt for being where I am in this life and enjoying the many facets that now comprise my life but then in realizing the facet that holds it all together is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  God really is so good but that goodness is boundless.  One of the songs I love to sing is Boundless Love.  I will close this blog with the lyrics of this great song so hopefully the words will bless you in a very special way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlESnPoV4EA

BOUNDLESS LOVE



There is not a mother

Sister, friend or brother

Loves the way that Jesus can

He proved His love for me

When He died on Calvary

He gave His life for a fallen man



CHORUS

His love is boundless love

And it reaches down and touches me

His love is an endless love

That will last through all eternity



Jesus wants to love you

There is none above you

You are precious in His sight

He will never fail you

When the doubts assail you

He’ll be with you day and night



CHORUS – 2 X



His love

His love

His love

His love

His love is a boundless love


No comments:

Post a Comment