Sunday, August 14, 2011

A New Week ....

As darkness comes quickly here in Canton, the sun shines brightly in Asia and thus a new day dawns on the global glacier of economics.  What will this new week bring in the way of equity markets, bonds, gold, commodity prices and futures ... who knows?  Inside that "who knows" is the weekend here in Canton with the two funerals on Saturday, a young girl killed in a tragic auto accident, a motorcyclist hit head on and killed not too far from here, and the beat of reality drums ever onward!

This is a great world that God has given us and we should take more time to stop and reflect on that greatness and I am the first to plead guilty to not doing that.  I get so focused and wrapped up in events throughout the world that I believe are and will impact my future and my grand children's lives and they are only eight years old down to two years old. Yes, it gets very real to me but I realize, too real.

So as the commercial engines and turbines are already purring for a new week of challenges and events, it is my intention to be more deliberate in remembering the gift God has given us of life when you see how quickly it goes away.  A precious breath, a good report from a doctor, a muscle that works and does not hurt when used, a decision on a procedure that turns out to be the right decision ... all vital and important to each of us. 

I love my life for I love life.  I love my family. I love my friends. I love running into former students and seeing their faces light up. I love hearing from my students about events in your lives, good and bad, or my opinion being sought. I love my next breath when I realize that by this time tomorrow, another one thousand World War II veterans will leave this earth. 

So let's take this week and really seek to glean from it the essence of life itself; that gift we have been given. Sure, bad things can happen but it is in how we deal with the adversity that prepares us for the next mountain to climb. I did not intend to wax philosophic but I guess that is where the river has cut its path as darkness in Canton takes over.

Life is a gift so unwrap it, take it out slowly, assess it and use it as the directions spell out.  Do not abuse it, over use it or not use it.  Life is a gift! I am blessed with so many gifts in so many packages! And so are you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment